- The power of culture in tolerance and social cohesion
- Gabriela Costa interviews Maria Helena Antunes, RefugeesIN Project Coordinator, VER – valores, Ética e Responsabilidade, Nov. 29, 2018
- “Stimulating "critical thinking," raising the level of "digital literacy and media literacy" and developing greater understanding and responsiveness "to social, ethnic, linguistic and cultural diversity" are essential parts of the response to the refugee crisis in Europe and to the resistance "to all forms of discrimination and indoctrination." Cinema "can and should" be used to break negative stereotypes, and this is what the RefugeesIN project does, whose Film Festival held last week in Lisbon, distinguished the Portuguese documentary "Daud" (interview in Portuguese)
- The relevant role of cinema in Adult Education
- Maria Helena Antunes, the RefugeesIN Coordinator, gave an interview in Milan, to the European Digital Learning Network, where she highlights the relevant role of cinema in Adult Education. 14 November 2017
- “Cinema for Refugees Social Inclusion Project intends to contribute to the challenges identified at Europe 2020 initiatives and the European Agenda for Adult Learning as well, where is stressed the need for more cohesive and inclusive EU societies."